• Development and delivery of careers services for Victorian schools – focus on secondary, developmental, and community-based schools.
• Understanding and using career education frameworks
• Development of career education curriculum junior, middle and senior school.
• A day in the Life of a career practitioner
• Role and responsibilities of career practitioners
– Career Industry Council of Australia Industry Standards
• Using labour market data effectively – students, teachers, and parents
• System knowledge and initiatives - education, training, and employment understanding how systems are integrated
• Benchmarking your practice – evaluation of services
• Professional Membership – why is it important
Target audience: New career practitioners appointed to the role in schools. Teachers seeking to become career practitioners in secondary schools and mid career changers.Location: Corlett Room, 61 Civic Drive (BUILDING A, Level 2) Greensborough Vic 3088