- Development and delivery of careers services for Victorian schools – focus on secondary, developmental, and community-based schools.
- Understanding and using career education frameworks
- Development of career education curriculum junior, middle and senior school.
- A day in the Life of a career practitioner
- Role and responsibilities of career practitioners – Career Industry Council of Australia Industry Standards
- Using labour market data effectively – students, teachers, and parents
- System knowledge and initiatives – education, training, and employment understanding how systems are integrated.
- Benchmarking your practice – evaluation of service
- Professional Membership – why is it important.
Location: Corlett Room 61 Civic Drive (BUILDING A, Level 2) Greensborough Vic 3088
Credit: 15.0 hrs
15 hours across the 7 core competencies
Standard 6, Engage with professional Learning
Standard 7 Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and community
- Workshops, scenarios, role plays, practical exercises, mentor sessions, Training Manual
- Training Manual including Hardcopy Careers 101 with all training materials, notes and textbooks
- This program will be delivered online if COVID Restrictions are enacted. Online time committment 3.5 hours x2 sessions. Sessions will be live and cofacilitated.
- Interested participants may continue training with CEAV Institute towards formal Industry endorsed qualifications in career development practice. CEAV Institute is a Skills First Training Provider
For further information on this workshop please contact the office on 03 9433 8000.