In 2019, the Australian Centre for Career Education Committee of Management approved the establishment of a Research and Development division for the association. The CEAV Research and Development division will provide the evidence base for future career education projects and products.
CEAV Research and Development objectives are to:
- Improve the position of career practitioners and career education in schools through the publishing of research that promotes career development for young people
- Provide trend data to advocate for best practice delivery of career education across educational sectors
- Partner with universities to explore the impact of quality career interventions for people living with disabilities
- Promote career development training for Aboriginal career practitioners in community
- Partner with social justice agencies and not for profits to promote career development services to disadvantaged jobseekers.
CEAV R&D has collaborated with CERIC to publish Strengthening mental health through Effective Career Development – a practitioner’s guide Australia.