The NGV/ Arts Centre Melbourne Industry Immersion Experience is an exciting day of learning activities to build students’ knowledge of the world of work focused around the Creative Industries.
National Gallery of Victoria
Explore the National Gallery of Victoria with NGV Educators to learn about the roles of a range of creative professionals working at the NGV, and meet some of the graduates and staff working in the gallery. This is an ideal opportunity to ask questions and gather information about career opportunities in the industry.
Arts Centre Melbourne
Sitting beneath our iconic spire, Arts Centre Melbourne is Australia's largest and busiest performing arts centre. Each year we stage more than 4,000 performances and public events and welcome over 3 million people through our doors.
This is your chance to meet mebers of the team and discover the varied careers that converge to make remarkable experiences on our stages.
**A full schedule of the day’s activities is available to download here
What happens on the day?
- The day will begin at 9:30/45am at the Arts Centre Melbourne forecourt where students and teachers check in with CEAV staff.
- Following an introduction and information from CEAV staff, students will be provided with a light snack before being separated into groups for the first two activities of the day.
- Students and staff will break for lunch around 11:45am and can either bring their own lunch or if approved by the school, purchase it during a 45 minute lunch break.
- Students and teachers will reassemble at 12:30pm to complete the final 2 activities of the day.
- At 2:30pm students and teachers will be regroup and return to school.
**Please note: students will be required to travel short distances on foot between activities.
***Please let us know if you have students who may require assistance travelling between activities.
Students will receive:
- Morning tea
- An Industry Immersion pack including a student workbook with activities linked to the Victorian curriculum.
Teachers will receive:
- Morning tea
- An Industry Immersion pack including a teaching resource workbook with lesson plans linked to the Victorian curriculum.
- Funded transport to and from the Industry Immersion Experience venue
- CRT for all teachers attending the excursion.
**Details regarding reimbursement arrangements for travel and CRT costs will be forwarded once registration has been completed.