Thursday November 1
9:30am (registration) - 2:30pm
The HMAS Cerberus Industry Immersion Experience is an exciting day of tours and activities onsite at the Navy’s premier training site in Western Port Bay.
The day will begin at 10am where students and teachers will be required to check in with base staff.
**Please note, only students and staff who have been booked into this immersion and have had their names recorded will be able to enter the facility. Unfortunately there are no last minute changes allowed.
A light morning tea will be provided on arrival at 9:30amam and students will also be provided lunch.
**Please ensure all dietary requirements for students and staff are recorded on the booking form provided.
Students and teachers will regroup at 2:30pm to return to school.
** Please note: students will be required to walk short distances between activities.
Students and teachers will have the opportunity to see how the Navy operates and trains its fleet.
Areas of Navy training at HMAS Cerberus include:
- Supply and Health Facility where recruits are employed as chefs, stewards, writers, stores and as health services personnel.
- School of Survivability and Ships safety where officers and sailors learn to work in teams to attack and fight fires on board ships, combat flooding and ruptures in the hull.
- Maritime Communications and Information Systems where students will learn about signals including flag and light signals as well as see how terrestrial and satellite radio works, and what is involved in data security and message encryption.
- Engineering Facility where students will gain an understanding of the technical side of the Navy’s operations including the development and maintenance of gas turbines and diesel engines.
- Seamanship and Warf operations where students will learn about corrosion control, berthing operations, maintenance of survival equipment and weapons.
A full schedule of the day’s activities will be available shortly
Students will receive:
- Morning tea and lunch
- An Industry Immersion Experience pack including a student workbook with activities linked to the Victorian curriculum.
Teachers will receive:
- Morning tea and lunch
- An Industry Immersion Experience pack including a teaching resource workbook with lesson plans linked to the Victorian curriculum.
- Funded transport to and from the Industry Immersion Experience venue
- CRT for all teachers attending the excursion.
**Transport to and from Melbourne and CRT for teachers attending this Immersion Day is available. Details regarding this will be forwarded once registration has been completed.